Monday, July 30, 2007

Christ Conquers Alone




"My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me,” was Christ’s agonizing call when on the cross. Who, alive today can say that they have been completely forsaken of God? The answer to that question is, no one. For, we still derive breath from him, indeed, our very life is upheld by him. Jesus Christ, on the other hand, was completely forsaken of God yet he bore it, and breathed another breath, thus proving that he himself was God and that he had life in himself . So there he was suffering what no mortal man could suffer. Experiencing the complete absence of his father and yet continuing to live. Oh, what wondrous love is this? That Christ Jesus chose to continue living, so that he could suffer the full brunt of God’s wrath, because of his undying love for us!

And when I think that God, his son not sparing, sent him to die, I scarce can take it in, that on the cross my burden GLADLY bearing he bled and died to take away my sin.

No comments: